I live in Manitoba but my children live in Alberta and B.C. If I were to move to one of these provinces could I get some senior assistance living expenses?

Most provinces have residency requirements, so you would have to wait a certain period. Depending on the province and the services it can be from three months to a year. They may allow you to apply for an exception.

Peter S. Silin, MSW, RSW, CCC
Diamond Geriatrics