My father is a veteran of The British Forces of WW2 living in Ontario. He is now requiring assisted living. Does Veterans Affairs offer any subsidies for services either in the personal home or at an assisted care facility ?

Veterans affairs will sometimes pay for personal care services or practical services. They may pay for partial costs of housing associated with care, but it depends on the individual. Also, there are some British veterans who can access benefits. To find out specifically, you would have to call Veterans Affairs and they would point you in the direction, most likely of a case manager who would authorize services. Veterans will also pay for a physiotherapist or occupational therapist services at times, depending on need and the individual's service. See their website, for information and contact numbers as well as for more information on the services and support they provide.


Peter S. Silin, MSW, RSW, CCC
Diamond Geriatrics
288 West 8th Ave. Vancouver, BC V5Y 1S6
778-885-5695 Cell